Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
Hello,

I have a laptop which I use to dial into my office PC using Remote Desktop Connection

My new printer is installed on my laptop because I can see in Devices and Printers it and print to it as normal.

The problem is that, although I have redirected printers in my Work PC list, the HP Envy is not amongst them.\\

The software does not seems to install on the Windows 7 PC at work.

My home laptop is Windows 10.

What can I do?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
3 years ago
OK so the Windows 7 system does not understand the software and, although you can manually update the .net framework to get it to run, there really is no point as it will not discover the device on your home wireless net from the office.

Here is one solution:

Go to the cog on the start menu so that you are taken to Windows Settings:

UserPostedImage

Go into Devices and find your printer:

UserPostedImage

Untick the box below the printers that says Let Windows manage my default printer and select the printer you wish to use as the default.

Now go to your office Windows 7 computer and go to the Control Panel to add a new printer.

Now add a new local printer:

UserPostedImage

and choose just to install it on a local port and then choose the first TS001 port as your

UserPostedImage

Then continue and add the driver using HP OfficeJet 7100 Series which should be the closest match:

UserPostedImage

Give the printer a name such as HP Printer at Home

And try printing a test page. If the icon in the corner appears OK then that driver should suffice.

If it comes out as gobbled-dee-gook, then ask HP which driver to use or try the generic HP printer driver.

Good luck!!