herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
Hello all,

I am having trouble with a MacBook 2020 13" A2189 3302 laptop - it powers up and I hear the chime but I cannot see anything. It briefly displays a few vertical lines on bootup but there is nothing else but the backlight.

If  I reset the machine and close the lid before restart the external monitor displays the screen perfectly.

Is it just the screen that is screwed or could it be the graphics card on the board or the socket?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
a year ago
Do you know what happened for it to have arrived in it's present state?
herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I believe it was being used in the bathroom and it has just stopped working since then.

It was not dropped in the bath or anything, it just suffered (presumably) from moisture in the air.
sirclesadmin
a year ago
OK well then perhaps it is just the connection as the screen is very close compared to the rest of the computer. You coudl have a look at the connector on teh board if you can find a good set of instructions or a video. It is not under warranty any more if it is a 2020 but if it is a known fault then Apple are th best people to contact.