drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
Hello

I am trying to use an SMTP server to relay all mail for an online store but they just queue up and seem to try but fail to send?

I have checked all of the settings that I can see that would cause a problem

I have used the SMTP server before without issues....

Hmph!!

Please help
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
3 years ago
There is a setting that can be set by default to stop relaying of any kind and that is under the outbound connections settings:

If you go into the properties of your SMTP server in IIS6 Admin:

UserPostedImage

And then into the delivery tab at the box, and find the Outbound Connections button at the bottom

UserPostedImage

Check that the number of connections has not been set to 0, as this will prevent all outgoing traffic.

UserPostedImage

If you set it to 200 and make sure you have set who can relay etc. to only internal addresses, you will have a functioning SMTP server.

Make sure it is secure before you do this - check that the queue has nothing unsavoury in it first under c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue\