Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
I have got a Sage 2012 Accounts company set up on a network that everyone else is using quite happily.

I have a Windows 7 RT laptop that was using Sage 2009 before we upgraded.

I have upgraded the Windows 7 RT laptop.

Now when I point the laptop at the data it tells me:

'the path you have selected does not contain sage accounts data'

I have checked permissions and data paths and removed the company file from c:\programdata and started from the beginning again but still no joy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
6 years ago
This will be because the data is in a version that differs too greatly from the version you're using or you need to look in the correct place.

Either:

Upgrade with the correct Sage version disk first or download the update from sage manually.

Or

Find the company.001 or similar directory with the data inside. It should contain a folder called ACCData if the data is present and correct.g
Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
The folder that Sage is looking for is the company folder which contains the ACCDATA folder. This is where the actual Sage data is held. If there is no ACCDATA folder containing SETUP.DTA ACCESS.DTA etc. as below:

UserPostedImage

Then you will receive the message 'the path you have selected does not contain sage accounts data'

The default location would usually be at c:\programdata\sage\accounts\

UserPostedImage

Under the appropriate year for the software version you are running, and then under the Company.000 folder or Company.001 if there are multiple companies etc.

If you cannot see a ACCDATA folder then try searching for it.

If you can find the ACCDATA folder but the system does not recognise the data, it could be that the SETUP.DAT or the ACCDATA.ini file is missing in which case you may need to restore from a backup, or if you need to keep the version you have, try restoring the old data elsewhere and copying the SETUP.DTA and ACCDATA.ini files over to repair the data you are using.

If you are still stuck, email sircles.net from their website for further advice or try their online chat.