herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
What I am really agreeing to when Microsoft Edge asks me to agree to 'Stay up to date by regularly bringing in your browsing data. You can manage your preferences any time in Settings.'

Presumably it is a big enough deal to sue over if I find out later..?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
In fact what do any of those three questions mean including 'Make your Microsoft experience more useful to you'
herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I don't really see on the explanation page where they really explain it, it just says:

With your permission, we'll collect and use your browsing activity from within Microsoft Edge to personalize advertising, recommendations, and experiences for Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Bing, Microsoft News, and other Microsoft services.

herbet
  • herbet
  • 91% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
What does that mean? Is it a person, an AI, just statistical.

Do they monitor this as big data?
DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
10 months ago
They use it for everything - just as if it were their own. They will sell the statistical data and transfer it to other parts of Microsoft too. The best option is to always say no to everything, as if it didn't matter and they didn't have to, they wouldn't ask.
Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..