DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
Hello

I have to restore  a DB to a new server and I have 16 files names 1-16

When I try the restore I select all of the files and press go but the message comes up:

SQL SERVER – FIX: Msg 3132, Level 16 
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Restore failed for Server 'WIN-SQL'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=16.100.47021.0&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Restore+Server&LinkId=20476 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The media set has 16 media families but only 1 are provided. All members must be provided.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3132)

https://docs.microsoft.com/sql/relational-databases/errors-events/mssqlserver-3132-database-engine-error 

BUTTONS:

OK

What is wrong - do I need to specify the order of the files in teh restore?
Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
a year ago
If you are restoring from a striped dataset to a new server or database then you must create a new database and then select the files as the source for the new database under devices. When you create the new database the SSMS will look through all of the files in the dataset to confirm that the retsore can complete and show the database as a resource able to be restored. You can then choose the time to restore the database to and if there is enough storage space the restore will contimue and complete.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.