Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
When I am connecting to one machine in particular, I get the desktop screen up and then immediately I receive the message:

"Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try reconnecting to the remote computer again."

And if I do reconnect it just happens again.

Grrrrr!

What can I do?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
4 years ago
By the way, I have tried from many different computers, local and via the remote desktop gateway (which is via this machine.)

Some people are saying it is due to lack of RAM availability which could well be the case as this is an Exchange 2007 box as well which just uses every bit of RAM it can.

I have set the system to reboot tonight in the hope that this will release some RAM and restore remote desktop connectivity.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
4 years ago
Just to add that this seems user dependent and that another user does not suffer the same problems so it is not RAM :(