Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Posted - 17 November 2009 : 12:43:31 PM
I am getting a message when trying to install windows 7 or 2008 R2 x64:

windows is unable to install to the selected location. 0x8300001

I am using the driver from the Adaptec site which is a HostRAID 8130 SATA driver and I can create the partitions etc no problem. It is just that the next button is greyed out and Windows reports the above error.
sircles.net Support
Administrator

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2009 : 12:45:07 PM

It is most likely because you need to replace the installation CD before you choose the partition.

After the drivers are loaded Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 both look for the installation files.

Failing that try another driver but the one you have sounds pretty solid.

SC

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2010 : 11:50:48 AM
Hi

If your driver CD is still in the drive (or USB drive) and Windows CD out on your desk, you won't be notified properly. Replace the driver CD with Windows, wait until you hear it spin and then you will notice the Next button is no longer grayed out. It is not safe to assume that Windows would give you a hint. I wonder how much the missing error message was going to cost Microsoft that they decided not to add it.
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.