berkscompsltd
3 months ago
how can I choose the audio track that YouTube uses so that it doesn't narrate a WTV file?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
3 months ago
To choose the audio track that YouTube uses to avoid narration in a WTV file, you will need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Convert the WTV File to a More Editable Format
WTV (Windows Recorded TV) files can be challenging to work with directly. Converting the WTV file to a more common format, like MP4, can make it easier to handle audio tracks.

Download and Install a Converter Tool:

Use a tool like HandBrake or FFmpeg. Both are free and widely used.

Convert the WTV File:

For HandBrake:

Open HandBrake and select your WTV file as the source.
Choose an output format, such as MP4.
Start the conversion process.

For FFmpeg:

Open a command prompt or terminal and run:ffmpeg -i input.wtv -c:v libx264 -c:a aac output.mp4

Step 2: Extract or Modify Audio Tracks
Once you have the file in a more manageable format, you can work with the audio tracks.

Extract Audio Tracks:

Use FFmpeg to list the audio tracks and choose the desired one.ffmpeg -i output.mp4

This command will list all streams, including audio tracks. Note the track you want to keep.

Select the Desired Audio Track:

If you want to keep a specific audio track, use:ffmpeg -i output.mp4 -map 0:v -map 0:a:<track_number> -c:v copy -c:a copy output_final.mp4

Replace <track_number> with the number of the desired audio track.

Step 3: Upload to YouTube

Sign in to Your YouTube Account:

Go to YouTube and sign in with your credentials.

Upload the Video:

Click on the "Create" button (camera icon with a plus sign) and select "Upload videos."
Select the converted and modified video file.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upload process.

Check the Audio Track:

Once uploaded, play the video to ensure the correct audio track is being used. YouTube typically uses the primary audio track by default, which should be the one you selected.

By following these steps, you can ensure that the desired audio track is used when you upload your video to YouTube, avoiding unwanted narration or other issues.