DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I have Windows 7 activated and I am trying to install Windows 10 on a Dell Precision Workstation

I am getting this error:

We couldn't install Windows 10 
We've set your PC back to the way it was before you started installing Windows 10
0xC900101 - 0x20017 The Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

But I don't want them to set it back to Windows 7, I just want it to do the freaking upgrade!
Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
Just to elaborate a bit more on this - it appears to boot into WinRE instead of the set-up procedure, why would it do that?

I get to choose your keyboard layout and only the first page works so you can't choose US to see if that will help anyway.
Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..
drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
a year ago
This was definitely a driver problem - you have to be very careful which one you select for the C600 SATA Raid card!