Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
The operation failed because:

Active Directory Domain Services could not transfer the remaining data in directory partition

the directory service is missing mandatory configuration information, and is unable to determine the ownership of floating single-master operation roles

UserPostedImage

Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
So the issue appears to be some sort of corruption that the AD holds but does not seem to exist in the ADSIEdit records:

When I track down the cn=infrastructure record under default domain naming context I can see that it is correctly set, but when I try to OK out of the dialogue, I receive a Operation failed. Error code: 0x20ae

The Role attribute could not be read

00020AE: SvcErr: DSIS-03152965, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0

UserPostedImage
sirclesadmin
3 years ago
Read the message where the DCPromo fails to demote:

Active directory domain services could not transfer the remaining data in directory partition

DC=forestdnszones,dc=domain,dc=local to active directory domain controller \\dc2.domain.local

UserPostedImage

You need to change the record on the infrastructure master by opening: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=DCname,CN=Servers,CN=site,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local

UserPostedImage

And correcting the server name to the infrastructure master name

UserPostedImage