drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
Hello,

On my desktop computer, Outlook 2019 gives me a message at start-up saying:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

UserPostedImage

The CRM module appears to be fine though - I can see all of my accounts and cases etc.

My laptop does not complain.

This desktop is on the same LAN as the on-premises dyn365 server.

What should I do?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
3 years ago
Have you tried re-running the CRM configuration with Outlook closed?
drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
3 years ago
Yes I have just tried that to no avail.

Removed OK and re-added OK, but still does exactly the same message.

Still appears to work also.

Appears to conincide with two of these:

Log Name: Application
Source: MSCRMTracing
Date: 8/29/2020 12:37:36 AM
Event ID: 17203
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: PC.domain.local
Description:
Invalid Trace Directory. Additional Info:[ Invalid Trace Directory (Reporting Process:Trace Diretory is Null. TraceSettings: {Filename: ,FileCountSuffix:1 ,TraceFileSize:10485760 ,TraceDirectory:C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces ,TracingCallStack:No ,IsTracingOff:Unset ,LoadState:LoadSuccessfulUnreported ,RefreshTraceInt:-1 ,SiteWideRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,RegistryRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,Precedence:Default} ] , AppDomain:OUTLOOK)
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
PC.domain.local

[ Invalid Trace Directory
Trace Diretory is Null. TraceSettings: {Filename: ,FileCountSuffix:1 ,TraceFileSize:10485760 ,TraceDirectory:C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces ,TracingCallStack:No ,IsTracingOff:Unset ,LoadState:LoadSuccessfulUnreported ,RefreshTraceInt:-1 ,SiteWideRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,RegistryRefreshTraceInt:-1 ,Precedence:Default} ]
OUTLOOK
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\

sirclesadmin
3 years ago
Try repairing the Dynamics 365 installation with Outlook closed from the settings in Windows 10
drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
a year ago
Tried that already...
I have removed the organisation and re-added it.
Logged onto the site in Edge to make sure security settings were working.
In the end I had to change the security settings in internet options in Windows to make the intranet set to 'always log in with current username and password' and add the crm server url to intranet zone.
Now I can see my CRM stuff again.