DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I have a 2012 VM on a 2022 host Hyper-V and the network and guest services do not install even though MS says that they are 'built in'

There is no option to install integration services

I have tried and old vmguest file as an ISO DVD no luck

I cannot get the network to install and so I cannot get anything to work!!! 😠
Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I have tried making another VM with the same VHDX to no avail. Is it because it is 2012 foundation server?
DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
a year ago
I think it is because it is a Poweredge with the broadcom drivers installed but removing them has made no difference. Any other suggestions from anyone?
Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
a year ago
You could try deleteing the registry entries at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VMSMP\Parameters\NicList as some suggest, other suggest deleting the NICs from here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network and that this solved the issue. Both seem to be problems with Poweredge Broadcom software VM guests.
I haven't tried either.