Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
I have been handed over a company with an onsite NAV server version 2016 and I have the administrator password for the system.

I have not changed anything but when I login the system as the domain administrator I cannot access NAV as a user.

As far as I can see it is a Windows user set-up, as there are no SQL users on the system but I cannot understand what to do to get a user we can use to interrogate the system. None of the Windows users' accounts seem to have permission.

I have tried logging in as the account under which the service account runs to no avail - it gives the same error.

How can I find a user and password to connect to the NAV system?

I can contact the old sysadmin if needs be, but what do I need?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
4 years ago
We eventually got the passwords from the system by starting a nav powershell command prompt and using get-navserveruser [instance name] which actually gave the passwords as an u encrypted string.