Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
I have a Netgear DG834G Router on an AOL Connection. When I install the AOL software everything works fine but when I try and use Internet Explorer then I cannot access Microsoft.com or get Messenger to work. Is there a software or firmware fix for this because I cannot find mention on the Netgear Knowledge Base Site.

Reply...

http://192.168.1.1  username:admin, pasword:password) and click on the option of WAN Setup. There is a setting called MTU which will be at something like 1492 which is the size PPPoE uses by default. Change this to 1400 which is the maximum size for AOL DSL packets and it should be fine. PPPoA is the correct option in Basic Settings for the encapsulation over ADSL as well.

Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.