Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that, after downloading my GoDaddy certificate, which is a wildcard certificate, I was running into trouble. I had successfully run the 'complete certificate request' wizard and imported my certificate into IIS, but when I tried to bind it to any of my websites I recevied a message:

a specified logon session does not exist 0x80070520

And something about that it may have been terminated.

Now this binding does apply to several websites on the server, such the wildcard, but this error was confusing as everything appeared to have worked correctly.

I tried this a couple of times and every time got the same error. I could see that the private key was being loaded but somehow it was not as expected.

Because I had to load it onto another server I exported it as a PFX file and tried to load it onto the other server and it worked fine.

I then tried to import the PFX file onto the original server and it worked fine too.

I think that the format of the CRT file upset IIS8 or the PEM part of the certificate was not agreeing with the rest of it, but either way that PFX file loads into all of the servers no problem so I just used that :)

Ta-ta for now
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.