t2m
  • t2m
  • 53.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2 years ago
How can I always just show the proper right click menu instead of having to use [SHIFT + F10]

UserPostedImage

I like my nuts and bolts Windows approach :-"

Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
2 years ago
You can make a .reg file from the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\586118283]
"EnabledState"=dword:00000001
"EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000001
"Variant"=dword:00000000
"VariantPayload"=dword:00000000
"VariantPayloadKind"=dword:0000000

And run Regedit as an administrator and import this, but make sure you BACKUP THE REGISTRY FIRST!!! Or you may/shall regret it!!!!

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2 years ago
This made no difference for me - still having to use the more options extra click for every operation.

Why would you change something that people are so used to having as a default for doing almost anything?
drdread
  • drdread
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2 years ago
Actually I'm starting to get used to it now.

What I have discovered:

It has broken Microsoft Outlook. No matter what I do it needs a reinstall.

It has broken Microsoft Flight Simulator - something about the screen set-up no longer works properly so they are trying to force me onto a new graphics card.

The new right click menu isn't so bad. Once you realise that you can still do the important file operations using the little icons at the top, the need to click the show more options becomes less.

The icons are just at the top of the right click menu:

UserPostedImage

They are even in the expected order.

Cut:

UserPostedImage

Copy:

UserPostedImage

Rename:

UserPostedImage

Delete:

UserPostedImage

And when you've copied a file: