Hello

I am on Windows 10 Pro

Office 2019

I have NO control panel>mail icon

Even when I search or try and find any reference to 32-bit

My Office 2019 is 32bit

What can I do?
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
OK so just to say I looked for the file under the program files directory and it is still there:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

And if you double click it, you can still configure outlook 2019 OK

I will look into restoring it in the registry
Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
3 years ago
If you go to this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/guid-generator/9n79sdd9s9jj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

You can download the control panel GUID creator from the Microsoft Store for Windows 8/10 +

Copy your generated GUID and open RedgEdit.exe as a computer administrator, as you will need to be able to make changes to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID (Which is after all of the ones beginning with a period or full stop)

Right click on the CLSID key and choose NEW>Key and paste in the GUID from the GUID tool in these brackets {} :

UserPostedImage

Double click the 'Default' and in the value box, type the name of the Control Panel item as you wish it to appear.

Create another string in the same key called InfoTip and enter a useful tip for anyone using the item

Now click on the root key of your new item (the one you copied the GUID into) and create another key within it called DefaultIcon

Referencing Microsoft Windows Icon Reference List  find the icon file and number you wish to display and enter the appropriate value in the default key value box, in this case: %windir%\system32\shell32.dll,157

UserPostedImage

Now create another sub-key under your GUID key calles Shell and another sub-key below that one called Command

UserPostedImage

Now as a value to the Default string within the Control key, enter the path to the .dll file you wish to run, in this case: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL"

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
3 years ago
The mail icon should be one of the defaults in:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\mail.cpl

UserPostedImage

If it is not appearing try importing this reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\mail.cpl]
"RunLevel"=dword:00000000
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Office\\root\\Office16\\MLCFG32.CPL\""

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
3 years ago
Not on 64 bit Windows 10, it should be here:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\

There should be a key called: mlcfg32.cpl

pointing to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MLCFG32.CPL