Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Hello

Can I rename my External Network alias' in Hyper-V so that I am not just trying to remember which VLAN Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver #3 is connected to?

As below:

UserPostedImage

I would like to rename them all to coincide with the name of the VLANs I have attributed in Server Manager but cannot seem to find where they are named...

Kind regards,
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
4 years ago
OK so I scanned the registry for where the NIC name would be and found it here:

UserPostedImage

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\COMPOSITEBUS\MS_IMPLAT_MP\{NIC ID String}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\vmsmp\parameters\NicList\/DEVICE/{NIC ID String} - you can only change this one as far as I can see, the other won't change

I am going to try and relabel one that is not that important and see what happens.... 😮
Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
4 years ago
It doesn't appear you can change the first one on Windows 2016 - perhaps I need to be in safe mode or similar?

Do I need to remove it from all VMs first?