sirclesadmin
a year ago
After a Windows experience update to Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 My Windows 11 Enterpeise PC is completely screwed.

It now randomly reboots without warning and will no longer sign in as a domain account to my encrypted disk.

I can only log in as a local user and after a few minutes it just reboots without warning!!!

This is really bad!!!!
Sponsor

Want to thank us? Use: Patreon or PayPal or Bitcoins: bc1q4whppe29dw77rm4kv4pln0gqae4yjnxly0dny0hky6yhnafukzjsyrsqhk

All opinions expressed within these pages are sent in by members of the public or by our staff in their spare time, and as such do not represent any opinion held by sircles.net Ltd or their partners.

sirclesadmin
a year ago
I forgot to mention that this is what I see logging in to the domain:

IMG_1850.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

And here is the build number:

IMG_1851.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
sirclesadmin
a year ago
OK so I have removed the update from today and it immediately reinstalled some update or other, but I am now logged back in on the domain account and it has not rebooted again, so could it have been a bad install taht needed to be redone?

I removed the sonicwall netextender software before that, but it had no effect as far as I can tell as it kept playing up after that.
DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
a year ago
This happened to me this morning, so thanks for posting this. Interesting to see that this sort of thing does happen to the moderators as well as us normal folk!

I had to ununstall the security update, but then upon reboot the system appeared something again although the latest update according to update history is Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22622.575) (KB5016694) on Saturday.

The only update today is a definition update (Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.373.383.0)) but that would not require the machine to restart twice as I witnessed.

I have disabled Windows Update, which still appears to be the most dangerous and globally costly computrer virus in human history.

Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..
Lemonde
  • Lemonde
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
a year ago
This has happened to me twice, I think that the Windows Update service managwd to restart itself somehow even if it is disabled. It's like Mercedes traction control.
DogMan
  • DogMan
  • 100% (Exalted)
a year ago
Yes this happened again this morning - I have tried disabling windows update service but it just re-enables it!

UserPostedImage

WTF are we supposed to do about this stupid KB5016694 update?

Recycling Computers  is my hobby so if you have any old PCs or Macs..